What is this for?Published at: April 4, 2018, 3:30 p.m. in the Documentation
Smappi is a platform on which you can find or create a new API.
Imagine that this is like GitHub, but with the hosting of your application, which provides any API.
What does Smappi provide to API customers?
- Instead of you, the community develops new APIs and supports existing APIs
- You no longer have to correct the parsers or crawlers yourself, this will be done by the authors and maintainers
- But if you want, you can always make your changes to an existing public API or create new
- Free use of any API, within the specified plans of API developers
- The ability to select a data format (now supported by JSON, XML and SOAP)
- Fixing the version of the API used so that the changes do not affect you
- Customers in popular languages are available (currently supported by Python and NodeJS)
- Ability to use HTTP or HTTPS, GET or POST as you need for the task
- Automatic generation of documentation with live examples
- You use APIs that are checked by automatic tests (now only the doctests)
- A log is maintained, you can subscribe to events of different types (ERROR, WARN, INFO, ...)
- There is an Issue-tracker for communicating with the authors of the API
And what about API developers?
- Free Git repository for public APIs
- We provide hosting for your API
- The ability to earn by specifying plans and limits for your API
- You can fork other public repositories, develop and publish as your API
- You can tell yourself the mantainers that will help you publish your API
- Available the temporary (container) and the persistent storage (volumes) for your API
- SQLite is available, we will soon add MongoDB, Redis, PostgreSQL, GraphQL and other popular DBMS
- For your convenience, there is Smappi SDK:
- And Smappi Common Library:
— Smappi Team, 2017-2019